Monday, February 20, 2012

Can I get in a hike before dark?

Why yes, yes I can!  While Sarah is kicking my ass in the hiking department, I'm over here working hard on strengthening my core and balance exercises.  I really wanted to hike over the weekend, but just couldn't get one in.  Could I rush home from work, get dressed and hit the trail by 5 for an hour hike?  Yep, I did!

We only went 2 miles, but with 4 stops so people could pet and talk about the dogs, it took an hour.  But what a lovely way to end the day!  I'd like to do this 2x a week, at least until it is too hot to even think about it.  By then, I'll be hiking before work at that dark o' clock time that Sarah loves so much.

And my balance is getting better.  I can sit on the ball and lift both feet without face-planting.  If you knew me, you'd know this is a major accomplishment.  LOL

3 comments:

  1. I NEVER worry about hiking after work. It would never cross my mind because most days I have sports practice or games. Plus, I am so tired by the end of work, I don't think I could motivate. Good for you for getting out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I want to hike during the week, it has to be after work on M, W, F. I have school the other nights and it is still too dark for me to get in a hike before work and not be late. I'm lucky, I can shower at work, so I'll be living on South Mountain during summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! I will be up at o crack of sunrise in the summer.

    ReplyDelete