Monday, January 2, 2012

Let the training begin!

The last few weeks have been spent getting ready for the holidays, taking a break from life and planning my training.  Sarah is seriously kicking my ass in the hiking department, so I need to step it up.

My plan?  Strength training 3x a week, cardio 3x a week.  After a month, I'll add another day of cardio.  I'd like to be doing cardio 5-6x a week.  I found this really good book - Conditioning for Outdoor Fitness - that I'm using as a guide for my strength training.  My focus is going to be working on my core strength, balance and building the muscles that support my crappy knees.

To track my food, I'm using a really cool app on my iPhone called LoseIt!  Sure makes it a lot easier to be able to update everything on the go.

So many years I've talked about doing this, I can't let my friend down!

Today's exercise: elliptical 15 minutes, yoga 60 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment